Admission Guidelines of Ridgewood School
We are very pleased that you are considering Ridgewood School for your child. It is within these formative years from ages three through early teens that a foundation becomes set for the lifetime of a child. Ridgewood School excels in setting a solid foundation for every student. A Ridgewood education carries forward for a lifetime of growth, achievement and success.
We hope that you have taken the time to review our website. If you have any questions, please feel free to give us a call at 937-399-8900.Thank you!
» All admissions decisions comply with Ridgewood School’s diversity policy.
» Admission is not based solely on ability or achievement. Ridgewood School considers the following criteria in making admissions decisions:
- Performance on entrance tests. All entrance tests will be developmentally appropriate for the age of the prospective student and will enable Ridgewood School to assess readiness for the desired grade.
- Prior academic achievement (students applying for grades 2-8).
- Family interest in and commitment to Ridgewood School’s independent education.
- Age appropriate emotional maturity.
- Participation in classroom during shadow day (students applying for grades 1-8; able to shadow when family applies during the school year).
» Kindergarten students should be five years old by September 30. All students must participate in a screening process administered at Ridgewood School to determine readiness for the Kindergarten program.
» Priority is given to siblings of currently enrolled students. Returning families have the first opportunity to secure their student’s enrollment for the coming year.
» When a class reaches optimum class size, additional students are placed on a waiting list on a first come, first served basis.
» A deposit is required for each student to secure the position in the class.
» Ridgewood School has a rolling admissions cycle with no predetermined dates by which a family must apply. Ridgewood School accepts new students until classes are full.
Ridgewood School admits students of any sex, race, religion, ethnic origin, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Every student is entitled to the same rights, privileges, programs, and activities made available at Ridgewood School, including but not limited to administration of educational policies, admission policies, extra-curricular programs, and other school-administered programs.