Admission Guidelines of Ridgewood School
We are very pleased that you are considering Ridgewood School for your child. It is within these formative years that a foundation becomes set for the lifetime of a child. Ridgewood School excels in setting a solid foundation for every student. A Ridgewood education carries forward for a lifetime of growth, achievement and success.
We hope that you have taken the time to review our website. If you have any questions, please feel free to give us a call at 937-399-8900.Thank you!
» All admissions decisions comply with Ridgewood School’s diversity policy.
» Admission is not based solely on ability or achievement. Ridgewood School considers the following criteria in making admissions decisions:
- Performance on entrance tests. All entrance tests will be developmentally appropriate for the age of the prospective student and will enable Ridgewood School to assess readiness for the desired grade.
- Prior academic achievement (students applying for grades 2-8).
- Family interest in and commitment to Ridgewood School’s independent education.
- Age appropriate emotional maturity.
- Participation in classroom during shadow day (students applying for grades 1-8; able to shadow when family applies during the school year).
» Kindergarten students should be five years old by September 30. All students must participate in a screening process administered at Ridgewood School to determine readiness for the Kindergarten program.
» Priority is given to siblings of currently enrolled students. Returning families have the first opportunity to secure their student’s enrollment for the coming year.
» When a class reaches optimum class size, additional students are placed on a waiting list on a first come, first served basis.
» A deposit is required for each student to secure the position in the class.
» Ridgewood School has a rolling admissions cycle with no predetermined dates by which a family must apply. Ridgewood School accepts new students until classes are full.
Jane P.B. and Peter Hollenbeck Preschool Admission Policies
The purpose of this policy is to:
» Enable Ridgewood School to enroll students who are developmentally ready for a school setting.
» Confirm that students admitted to Ridgewood School and their families understand and will embrace the school’s Mission and Values.
» Maintain diversity among the student body.
» Enable Ridgewood to build its K-8 program.
The following rules guide the Admissions process:
» The preschool will maintain a ten to one ratio within its two classrooms.
» The Jane P.B. Hollenbeck Preschool criteria for admission:
- Child must be 3 years old at the point of attendance. Admission is rolling and could be at any time during the school year.
- The child must be potty-trained before admission.
- The child should be able to follow simple directions.
- The child must be verbal (able to talk).
» Family understanding and commitment to the Ridgewood Education Philosophy, Mission and Values.
- Once the family interview process is complete and criteria is met, an application must be completed and a deposit is required in the amount of $100.
- There is an optional interview and visit with the Preschool Director upon request.
Ridgewood School admits students of any sex, race, religion, ethnic origin, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Every student is entitled to the same rights, privileges, programs, and activities made available at Ridgewood School, including but not limited to administration of educational policies, admission policies, extra-curricular programs, and other school-administered programs.